Friday, March 4, 2011

The Brick Wall


When I was a kid I saw a movie at my grand mother's place which greatly impressed me: Village of the Damned. It's the story of a village (Midwich in Britain) where following an inexplicable collective temporary loss of consciousness, all the women and girls of childbearing age become pregnant. They later on give birth (on the same day) to children with unusual appearance (almost white hair and striking eyes). They develop rapidly and happen to be highly intelligent and have evil powers. They communicate with each other by telepathy and can read people's minds. They have telekinetic powers and coerce into suicide anyone they perceive as a threat - this after staring at the future victim with their glowing eyes (these stupid evil kids caused me some nightmares). In the end, Gordon Zellaby, the professor who undertook their education decides that the only solution is to eliminate them. He decides to explode a bomb in the school. Before leaving for the school Zellaby focuses his mind on a brick wall in order to resist the kids attempts to read his mind and discover his plan...
The scariest movie I saw in my childhood. Brrr !

There was a remake in  1995 but I haven't seen it.

Village of the Damned (1960)

No comments:

Post a Comment